Saturday, June 22, 2013

They've Forgotten Me

  Hi all.
These past few weeks have really sucked. I went with my class to Washington DC... it was horrible. We didn't get to our hotel until midnight and we had until 12:15 to get settled and in bed. And then the first full day we went to McDonalds for breakfast. The other school's principal (we went with another local school, DOL) spilled my super hot hot chocolate all over me. Maybe it's because her ass is two feet wide, but hey, who asked me? She's a total bitch. I don't like calling people that name, but in this case, it's an exception. The DOL kids were bitches too. They always had to be first in line for everything and got their food first and were the first on the air conditioned bus. They got this special treatment and got to do whatever the hell they wanted to.But I got to see Dorothy's original shoes and the 1970 Kermit (frog puppet). hat's half the reason I even agreed to go. The FDR Memorial was definitely my favorite memorial. I took a lot of pictures there... maybe I can put a few with this post.

School ended. I'm now a freshman at LakeView Technology Academy in Pleasant Prairie (in Kenosha), Wisconsin. I got the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Citizenship award. I guess I was nominated by a faculty member at Washington Middle School (my middle school). I didn't know I was going to win it, so obviously it came as a surprise to me. There was a $75 check along with it. The following Monday I received the Mayor's Youth Commission award at the Kenosha Common Council meeting. It was televised to the whole city the other day! My counselor who nominated me was there and I was so happy to see him. So I got a medal and a certificate for that as well.

But this past week has been brutal. Not only physically, but mentally. In terms of physical pain, I started my summer gym class so I don't have to take PE during my freshman year. It's 4 1/2 hours every morning, Monday through Friday. I started on Wednesday and I'm still sore- it's Saturday.

But mentally, it's worse.
I've been doing a lot of thinking and reminiscing on the 39th season at the Rhode.  I was there for half of the shows. I miss them a lot. I think about one person in particular and it brings back so many memories. Hugging and laughter and safety. Happiness. I'm sure that you've identified that this is a male, I will not confirm or deny that. Okay, I'll confirm it. But I've still a problem nonetheless. We used to talk about everything and I think we were comfortable with that. but once the season ended, we were split, I think partially by choice,  but mostly but society.

I don't think being split is the source of my problem. It's the fact that I'll try to say hello to him, email him, text him, etc and I'll never hear anything back. It's the same way with a lot of people I've become friends with during the season. I'll try to make contact with them and poof- never does anything come of it.

They've forgotten me.

And that hurts, a lot.

All I want them to do is to simply say hello. If I were to bump into one of them around town, a simple nod would make my day. I don't need a 3 hour conversation, but a quick back and forth would sure be nice. But until then I guess I shall rant and rave about it to you fine folks. I sure wish I knew who was reading this. But that's aside from my point.

They've forgotten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment